Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend Hobbies

This weekend we worked on our new hobbies. Saturday we went to the rock club and cut and polished rocks. We tried to make some jewelry from the stones we polished but I did not have much luck. Lynn did a great job making some pendents and a small ring. I just don't have the patients for this kind of work. in the afternoon we went to happy hour at the hall and met some new arrivals.
Sunday Zillah taught Lynn to make pine needle baskets. Lynn caught on and is doing pretty well with her basket. I decided to make a couple of walking sticks for her and I to use when we go hiking. I made them from the stem of a Yucca Plant, the part that has the flowers on it. The yuccas get big out here. Sunday evening we went to the hall for the ice cream social visited with our neighbor's.
This is what we hope to find when we cut open a Geo Egg. also called a Thunder Egg.
This one has red agate and Christal. The other one has Blue Opel.
You can click on the picture to enlarge.

This one has white Christal

These are the walking sticks I made from the Yucca

This is a large Yucca with it's staff.

I spotted this home made trike at Walmarts. I don't think I would ride it
it was a little rough.
Monday I took Lynn into town to get a haircut and go to the hardware store for some parts. In the afternoon I helped Zillah make some scrolls on the computer to advertise her Pine Needle Baskets. We have started getting ready for our move on Friday and the big meal on Saturday. Hear are a few pic's of our projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment