Thursday, September 8, 2011

Laundry and Bears

Wednesday we needed to do laundry again so we went into West Glacier and found a coin laundry. While Lynn hung out at the laundry I visited the local fly shop for some advise. I bought the hot fly's they recommended and headed back to get Lynn. We returned to the rig and had some lunch then decided to try some fly fishing and site seeing. Checking the map I found a bridge crossing the Flathead River about ten miles into the park. hen we arrived their were two people watching something with binoculars, they said it was a big black bear down on the river right were I wanted to fish.

The bear was gone and we never seen it so I went to the other end of the bridge to see if there was a way down to the river. When I turned to come back I noticed a big black bear about 30 yards behind Lynn who looking at the river and was not aware of the bear. I yelled honey get in the car. When she turned around she was a little surprised to see the bear so close, I yelled don't run. She stood there looking at the bear and the bear looking back at her. The bear continued across the road a disappeared in the brush.

I fished this beautiful hole and never had a bite. I tried every fly I had.

I am a little far away to here Lynn yell bear, bear.

We are having a great time.
I told her I found a way to get down to the river to fish and she said are you crazy that was a big bear. I said I know but he is gone now and you can be my bear watch. Just let me know if he comes back. About an hour later I am fishing and she sees the bear again on the other side of the bridge in the river. She yelled at me but of course I never heard her. Just then some other cars stopped and the bear went back in the brush. So I caught no fish and did not get to use my bear spray (oh that was back in the motor home shi;;;) oh well I did not need it. Hear are some pictures of the area I was fishing. Sorry no bear pictures Lynn had the camera.

Tight lines and safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment