Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mount Rushmore

Yesterday we visited Mount Rushmore for the first time. The drive back into the hills was beautiful and crooked. I can see why the motorcycles riders like this area. Mount Rushmore is an engineering marvel and was very cool. We took the presidential trail and hiked to the bottom of the monument, their are over 400 steps to climb back up. With low oxygen levels at this altitude it was difficult to breath. That's my excuse for breathing hard anyway. The weather is still very warm and sunny. We have met new friends in the campground and it has been fun talking with everyone. We will see some of them because they are also attending the rally next week. I was next store helping the neighbor with his awning when a stiff wind came up, we just got it under control when Lynn yelled our awning was coming apart. We got it rolled up but the frame came apart. I was able to fix it the next day. Note to self if neighbor is having trouble in the wind put my awning down before helping him. We are going to drive the Needles Highway and go to the town of Deadwood today.
 The top picture is of the Badlands.
 This is a picture of the area we where hiking in the Badlands. You can probably tell I am trying to sneak a big rock back for Lynn under my shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment